R+ | NIR+: The Most Advanced LED Therapy Light Spectrum
PlatinumLED is very excited to announce that thanks to the extensive research and development by our engineering and medical advisory staff, that all of our new BIOMAX lights now feature our patent pending R+ | NIR+ spectrum which merges five different wavelengths of red and near infra-red light: 630nm, 660nm, 810nm, 830nm and 850nm. PlatinumLED R+ array of LEDs emits an output of 630 & 660nm wavelength of red led light therapy which is a synergistic combination that is harnessed by PlatinumLED therapy devices. Both R+ & NIR+ spectrum arrays are used in conjunction with one another to deliver unmatched therapeutic value that has never before been witnessed in an LED therapy light device.
Both the R+ and NIR+ spectrum arrays are used in conjunction with one another to deliver unmatched therapeutic value that has never before been witnessed in an LED therapy light device.
The result is a superior LED therapy light (red led wavelength is the technical key behind the therapy) that powerfully penetrates through skin, muscle and connective tissue, promoting healing and cellular regeneration all the way to and through the bone. In addition to superior light penetration, the advanced benefits of multi-wavelength red and near infra-red spectral output are amazingly extensive!
PlatinumLED prides itself at being at the forefront of LED light therapy innovation and our goal is to harness the power of red and near infra-red light to produce optimal outcomes for you. Every product we create is meticulously informed by scientific studies and principles--and there are more than 3000 peer-reviewed studies out there investigating the benefits and applications of red light/near infra-red light, and counting.
The secret to the patent pending PlatinumLED R+ | NIR+ output is to create a spectrum of light that harnesses the most optimal wavelengths of light possible for human light therapy, but in a perfect ratio of each one that creates a synergistic combination when all are used together. The R+ array of LEDs emits an output of 20% 630nm and 80% 660nm. The NIR+ array of LEDs emits an output that consists of 10% 810nm wavelength, 10% 830nm wavelength and 80% 850nm wavelength. This combined spectral output offers all of the recognized benefits of each wavelength, along with the unique combined effect of all five. When you combine this R+ component as 50% of the output along with the NIR+ component possessing the other 50%, you are truly able to cover the entire array of LED light therapy in the exact levels of optimization.
The Therapeutic Spectrum: Combining the Benefits of Five Wavelengths
Harnessing the most biologically effective wavelengths is the key to optimizing the benefits of red light and near-infrared light therapy. Certain near-infrared and red light wavelengths are recognized for the unique therapeutic and regenerative results they offer the body.
The red light spectrum extends from approximately 620 nm to 750 nm. The red light wavelengths that have the most scientifically proven benefits are 630 nm and 660 nm. Near-infrared starts at 750 nanometers and extends all the way to 1,200 nm. Near-infrared wavelengths that have been scientifically proven to yield benefits for humans include the 810 nm, 830 nm and 850 nm wavelengths.
Wavelengths outside of these ranges quickly decrease in their penetration and absorption capabilities. Not only this, but certain red and near-infrared wavelengths are recognized as offering unique therapeutic and regenerative results for the body and brain. Various published scientific studies have shown that near-infrared in the lower range can penetrate the body and bones more effectively than higher wavelengths These two zones of absorption from 620nm - 660nm and 800nm-850nm are what's known as the "action zone". Covering this zone in entirety in the right ratio is what basically turbo charges the performance of our LED therapy lights.
As you may know by now, both the 660nm and 850nm wavelength has been extensively proven to provide expansive skin and deep tissue therapy which PlatinumLED already includes in all devices. However, the 630nm wavelength, 810nm wavelength and the 830nm wavelength also offer a myriad of benefits for health and well being. One of the world’s leading expert on red light therapy and near-infrared light therapy has conducted research and reviews demonstrating the incredible ability of 810nm and 830nm near-infrared wavelengths to penetrate the bone of the skull while targeting the brain while the 630nm red wavelength extends the massive cellular benefits in the upper skin area. [Resource]
Now, let’s take a look at the five red and near-infrared wavelengths included in the PlatinumLED R+ | NIR+ spectral output and uncover what they are capable of achieving!
The 630nm Wavelength (Red Light)
The 630nm wavelength is ideal for targeting all manner of skin concerns. 630nm wavelengths penetrate into the skin cells and sebaceous glands to rejuvenate the skin’s tone and texture by smoothing and evening out uneven pigmentation. This wavelength has also been found to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and can also stimulate hair regrowth. How red light therapy restores hair. Learn more
The 630nm wavelength offers the following benefits:
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles: In one study, the 630nm wavelength was combined with other beauty treatments such as microneedling to create a statistically significant improvement in photodamage, fine lines and sagging.
- An improvement in skin disorders such as psoriasis: One study showed that the use of the 630nm wavelength used in conjunction with hematoporphyrin derivative (HPD) helped to eradicate the symptoms associated with psoriasis within 17 days.
- Hair regrowth: Red light therapy containing the 630nm wavelength has been proven to be a safe and effective method of stimulating hair growth in both men and women. One study hypothesized that the light stimulated stem cells in the hair follicle, encouraging the hair follicle into an anagen or growth phase. [Resource]
- Healing of superficial skin cancers: Wavelengths of 630nm have been shown to help in the treatment of non-melanoma skin cancers. [Resource]
- The treatment of acne: The 630nm wavelength has also been shown to help reduce inflammation and breakouts. [Resource]
The 660nm Wavelength (Red Light)
There is an abundance of literature outlining the benefits offered by the 660nm wavelength. Penetrating just a little deeper than the 630nm wavelength, the 660nm reaches into the entire range of the skin tissue to promote healing and regeneration.
Some of its diverse benefits include:
- Reduced training fatigue: The 660nm wavelength teamed with the 830nm near-infrared wavelength has been proven to delay the development of fatigue in the muscles, and enhance skeletal muscle performance. (Athletes, take note.) [Resource]
- Reduced inflammation: In a study investigating the effects of red light therapy on pleurisy, the 660nm wavelength was found to induce an anti-inflammatory effect. [Resource]
- Improved bone healing: The 660nm wavelength encourages resorption and formation in the bone cells around the location where repair is needed, without causing any change to the bone structure. [Resource]
- Reduced swelling following injury: In one study, the 660 nm wavelength was found to reduce both inflammation and swelling by reducing the number of inflammatory cells which lead to the formation of swelling.
- Reduced neuropathic pain: A study investigating sciatic nerve pain in rats found that the 660 nm wavelength significantly helped to reduce pain. [Resource]
- Accelerated wound healing: The 660 nm wavelength has been proven to increase the formation of new blood vessels and enhance collagen deposition to help in the healing of wounds. [Resource]
The 810nm Wavelength (Near-infrared Light)
With an ability to extend through the skull into the brain, the 810nm wavelength offers a unique array of neurological benefits. Many forward-thinking scientists are of the belief that light therapy for brain disorders will become a prominent medical treatment in the near future. Expect to reap the following benefits from the 810nm wavelength:
- Improved healing and recovery: A study of soccer players showed that the 810nm wavelength applied before activity enhanced muscular performance and post-exercise recovery.
- Accelerated wound healing: 810nm wavelengths have been shown to help expedite wound healing, helping the tissue to granulate more rapidly.
- Improved recovery from stroke in certain patients: One study conducted among stroke patients showed that wavelengths of 810nm provided neuroprotective benefits and improved recovery among sufferers of moderate to severe strokes. Five days after the stroke, there was significant improvement among those who had been treated with the 810nm light therapy, compared to those who hadn’t. Ninety days post-stroke, 70% of the treated patients had a successful outcome, compared with only 51% of the control group.
- Improved recovery from traumatic brain injury: 810nm has been proven in animal models to be particularly effective in fostering recovery from traumatic brain injuries, and reducing long-term neurological damage.[Resource]
- Improvement in psychiatric disorders: Prescription drugs for psychiatric conditions have long been recognized as having a limited ability to assist individuals suffering from psychiatric conditions. What’s more, pharmacotherapeutic medication often carries a host of unwanted side effects, while near-infrared light therapy doesn’t. 810nm wavelengths applied to the forehead have been shown to assist patients suffering from major depression and anxiety. [Resource]
- Hair growth: Studies have shown the 810nm wavelength can encourage significant hair growth in patients with androgenetic alopecia. [Resource]
The 830nm Wavelength (Near-infrared Light)
The 830nm wavelength is not as readily absorbed by the body, therefore it is able to penetrate deeper through skin and tissue and into the bone. A greater quantity of photons are delivered into the tissue with the 830nm wavelength. The incorporation of the 830nm wavelength into the BIOMAX delivers the following advantages:
- Accelerated healing and reduced infection: Like the 810nm wavelength, 830nm accelerates healing in wounds of different severity and helps to ward off infection. [Resource]
- Improved aesthetic outcomes following plastic surgery: Swift exposure to 830nm wavelengths after aesthetic surgery hastens recovery, reduces downtime and enhances the results of surgery by reducing swelling, infection, bruising and pain, therefore leading to greater patient satisfaction. [Resource]
- Increased “feel-good” endorphins: 830nm wavelengths increases the release of endorphins.
- Improved bone repair and growth: An animal study demonstrated that 830nm light therapy improved bone repair by stimulating new bone growth. [Resource] You can also checkout how red light therapy helps animal with their bone health in this blog.
- Faster return-to-play after injury: The ability to return-to-play as swiftly as possible after injury or trauma is a key concern for any amateur or professional athlete. 830nm LED light therapy has been proven to significantly and safely reduce the wait time before injured athletes can return to play. [Resource]
The 850nm Wavelength (Near-infrared Light)
The 850nm wavelength is the signature PlatinumLED near infra-red wavelength and constitutes 80% of the BIOMAX spectral range. In many cases, the 850nm amplifies the benefits provided by the 810nm and 830nm wavelengths. This wavelength has a range of therapeutic applications such as:
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: 850nm wavelengths can help to reduce joint and muscle pain and diminish general inflammation in the body.
- Enhanced muscle recovery: A study observed the use of 850nm wavelengths on athletes, and found that usage of the near-infrared light increased muscle mass after training, and decreased inflammation and oxidative stress in muscle biopsies.
- Healing of wounds in the skin: Lesions in the skin heal faster when exposed to 850nm wavelength light therapy. [Resource]
- Reduction of lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation: 850nm can support the production of collagen, assisting with plumper, more radiant-looking skin, and a more uniform texture. [Resource]
- Orthodontics and tooth alignment: The use of the 850nm wavelength can foster the speedy realignment of teeth for patients undergoing orthodontics. [Resource]
The Power of Five.. and Unbeatable Power Density
Combine these five wavelengths, and you have the most powerful and advanced near infra-red LED light therapy devices on the market.
But wavelengths aren’t the only critical consideration if you’re thinking about purchasing an LED therapy light device. For these five wavelengths to work their magic, the lights must be powerful. In LED lights the wavelength and the total energy - or "irradiance" - emitted are the most important determinants of efficacy. [Resource]
PlatinumLED Therapy Lights emit more than double the energy output of leading competitor brands and this is thanks to our many years of design and development of ultra high power LED panels. Both video and third party testing prove that our lights release the highest amount of irradiance of any other LED therapy light - more than any other LED therapy light currently produced.
When you combine the perfected, complete spectral output found in the R+ | NIR+ along with this extreme intensity, you truly have the most powerful, advanced LED therapy lights ever created.
PlatinumLED R+ | NIR+: We’re leading the LED light therapy revolution!
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Are there any differences among wavelengths for red, infra-red & near infra-red lights?
Ans: Wavelength of red light ranges from 620 to 750 nm, whereas infra-red is between 780 nm and 1 mm & lastly, 800 to 2,500 nm is for near infra-red light.