NIR+: The Most Advanced LED Therapy Light Spectrum
PlatinumLED is very excited to announce that thanks to the extensive research and development by our engineering and medical advisory staff, that all of our new BIOMAX lights now feature our patent pending NIR+ spectrum which merges three different wavelengths of near infra-red light: 850nm, 830nm and 810nm. This NIR+ spectrum is used in a 50/50 ratio with our existing 660nm/red array.to deliver unmatched therapeutic value
The result is a superior LED therapy light device that powerfully penetrates through skin, muscle and connective tissue, promoting healing and cellular regeneration all the way to and through the bone. In addition to superior light penetration, the advanced benefits of multi-wavelength near infra-red spectral output are amazingly extensive!
PlatinumLED prides itself at being at the forefront of LED light therapy innovation and our goal is to harness the power of red and near infra-red light to produce optimal outcomes for you. Every product we create is meticulously informed by scientific studies and principles--and there are more than 3000 peer-reviewed studies out there investigating the benefits and applications of red light and near infra-red light, and counting.
The secret to the patent pending PlatinumLED NIR+ output is to create a spectrum of light that conforms to a 10:10:80 ratio. The NIR+ spectrum emits an spectral output that consists of 10% 810nm wavelength, 10% 830nm wavelength and 80% 850nm wavelength This combined spectral output offers all of the recognized benefits of each wavelength, along with the unique combined effect of all three. When you combine this NIR+ component as 50% of the output along with the other 50% being 660nm/red as in the BIOMAX lights, you are truly able to cover the entire array of LED light therapy.
The Therapeutic Spectrum: Combining the Benefits of Three Wavelengths
Harnessing the right wavelengths is key to optimizing the benefits of red light and near-infrared light therapy. Near-infrared starts at 750 nanometers and extends all the way to 1,200 nm. But that’s not to say that every wavelength within this range is effective. Wavelengths below 800 nm and above 850 nm quickly decrease in penetration and absorption capabilities. This zone of absorption from 800nm-850nm is what's known as the "action zone". Covering this zone in entirety in the right ratio is what basically turbo charges the performance of our LED therapy lights.
Not only this, but certain near-infrared wavelengths are recognized as offering unique therapeutic and regenerative results for the body and brain. Various published scientific studies have shown that near-infrared in the lower range can penetrate the body and bones more effectively than higher wavelengths.
As you may know by now, the 850nm wavelength has been extensively proven to provide expansive deep tissue therapy which PlatinumLED already includes in all devices. However, the 810nm wavelength and the 830nm wavelength also offer a myriad of benefits for health and well being. One of the world’s leading expert on red light therapy and near-infrared light therapy has conducted research and reviews demonstrating the incredible ability of 810nm and 830nm near-infrared wavelengths to penetrate the bone of the skull while targeting the brain.
Now, let’s take a look at the three near-infrared wavelengths included in the PlatinumLED NIR+ spectral output and uncover what they are capable of achieving!
The 810nm Wavelength
With an ability to extend through the skull into the brain, the 810nm wavelength offers a unique array of neurological benefits. Many forward-thinking scientists are of the belief that light therapy for brain disorders will become a prominent medical treatment in the near future. Expect to reap the following benefits from the 810nm wavelength:
- Improved healing and recovery: A study of soccer players showed that the 810nm wavelength applied before activity enhanced muscular performance and post-exercise recovery.
- Accelerated wound healing: 810nm wavelengths have been shown to help expedite wound healing, helping the tissue to granulate more rapidly.
- Improved recovery from stroke in certain patients: One study conducted among stroke patients showed that wavelengths of 810nm provided neuroprotective benefits and improved recovery among sufferers of moderate to severe strokes. Five days after the stroke, there was significant improvement among those who had been treated with the 810nm light therapy, compared to those who hadn’t. Ninety days post-stroke, 70% of the treated patients had a successful outcome, compared with only 51% of the control group.
- Improved recovery from traumatic brain injury: 810nm has been proven in animal models to be particularly effective in fostering recovery from traumatic brain injuries, and reducing long-term neurological damage.
- Improvement in psychiatric disorders: Prescription drugs for psychiatric conditions have long been recognized as having a limited ability to assist individuals suffering from psychiatric conditions. What’s more, pharmacotherapeutic medication often carries a host of unwanted side effects, while near-infrared light therapy doesn’t. 810nm wavelengths applied to the forehead have been shown to assist patients suffering from major depression and anxiety.
- Hair growth: Studies have shown the 810nm wavelength can encourage significant hair growth in patients with androgenetic alopecia.
The 830nm Wavelength
The 830nm wavelength is not as readily absorbed by the body, therefore it is able to penetrate deeper through skin and tissue and into the bone. A greater quantity of photons are delivered into the tissue with the 830nm wavelength. The incorporation of the 830nm wavelength into the BIOMAX delivers the following advantages:
- Accelerated healing and reduced infection: Like the 810nm wavelength, 830nm accelerates healing in wounds of different severity and helps to ward off infection.
- Improved aesthetic outcomes following plastic surgery: Swift exposure to 830nm wavelengths after aesthetic surgery hastens recovery, reduces downtime and enhances the results of surgery by reducing swelling, infection, bruising and pain, therefore leading to greater patient satisfaction.
- Increased “feel-good” endorphins: 830nm wavelengths increases the release of endorphins. Endorphins are peptides which promote feelings of wellness and provide a natural analgesic, triggering a sensation similar to morphine.
- Improved bone repair and growth: An animal study demonstrated that 830nm light therapy improved bone repair by stimulating new bone growth.
- Faster return-to-play after injury: The ability to return-to-play as swiftly as possible after injury or trauma is a key concern for any amateur or professional athlete. 830nm LED light therapy has been proven to significantly and safely reduce the wait time before injured athletes can return to play.
The 850nm Wavelength
The 850nm wavelength is the signature PlatinumLED near infra-red wavelength and constitutes 80% of the BIOMAX spectral range. In many cases, the 850nm amplifies the benefits provided by the 810nm and 830nm wavelengths. This wavelength has a range of therapeutic applications such as:
- Anti-inflammatory benefits: 850nm wavelengths can help to reduce joint and muscle pain and diminish general inflammation in the body.
- Enhanced muscle recovery: A study observed the use of 850nm wavelengths on athletes, and found that usage of the near-infrared light increased muscle mass after training, and decreased inflammation and oxidative stress in muscle biopsies.
- Healing of wounds in the skin: Lesions in the skin heal faster when exposed to 850nm wavelength light therapy.
- Reduction of lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation: 850nm can support the production of collagen, assisting with plumper, more radiant-looking skin, and a more uniform texture.
- Orthodontics and tooth alignment: The use of the 850nm wavelength can foster the speedy realignment of teeth for patients undergoing orthodontics.
The Power of Three.. and Unbeatable Power Density
Combine these three wavelengths, and you have the most powerful and advanced near infra-red LED light therapy devices on the market.
But wavelengths aren’t the only critical consideration if you’re thinking about purchasing a near-infrared light therapy device. For these three wavelengths to work their magic, the lights must be powerful. In LED lights the wavelength and the total energy - or "irradiance" - emitted are the most important determinants of efficacy.
PlatinumLED Therapy Lights emit more than double the energy output of leading competitor brands. Thanks to our many years of design and development of ultra high power LED panels, our lights release the highest amount of irradiance of any other LED therapy light - more than any other LED therapy light currently on the market.